Why you need insurance


Don't Qualify for Sole Practitioner Cover?

For members who do not meet the criteria of the Sole Practitioner policy, cover may still be available. Please click here for further information.


For Sole Practitioners

Professional indemnity insurance is an essential purchase for professionals who are advising or offering a service as part of their business. Working with HCC International Insurance Company Plc, we've developed a professional indemnity facility exclusively for RTPI members.

If you are a sole practitioner undertaking Town Planning activities and generating less than £20,000 per annum in fee income, you may be eligible to be covered under our bespoke policy, which is aimed at those who may not necessarily be undertaking this work as their sole source of income.

The premium structure has been specifically geared for practices of this nature reflecting the comparatively low risk.

Key Features include:

  • Combined Liability policy wording compliant with RTPI requirements
  • Limit of indemnity provided on an ‘any one claim’ basis
  • Pollution and Contamination cover provided on an 'aggregate' basis
  • No Excess applicable to claims arising from standard Town Planning work
  • Ability to quote, bind and renew cover on-line, with access to your policy documentation 24/7
  • The option to purchase "Run-Off" Insurance for those ceasing to trade.

Enquiry Form

Fields marked * are compulsory.

  1. Contact preference:
  2. Would you prefer us to contact you at renewal?* Find out more.Simply give us your email address and tell us when your insurance expires and we'll send you a no obligation reminder closer to your expiry date.